• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Wonderpus - Fontanelle

Thales;103144 said:
Whew, a better way to bring this thread to a close than the above silliness!

Here is a pic of Fontenelle fixing in formalin, and another of him laid out prior to shipping.

Why are you shipping a dead octopus?

I think it's great stuff you've put up here in the months of Fontanelle's life. Between the photo, video, and observation that you have shared, I'm pretty blown away. While it seems that it will be a unfortunate ineveitability that the world is going to see more and more decline in species, I think this kind of work could possible end up being extremely helpful. If you had simply kept him for the sport of it, I couldn't supported it. But I think that it's pretty clear that you found this to be more important than just a cool pet. THAT is an example worthy of public sharing.

Thanks.

And please send me a larger file of your favorite photo for a reference. While I haven't started, I sure would like to get going on that sculpture. (The "peak" picture.)

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back