• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

[Octopus]: Wink - Octopus Digueti

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
:roflmao:That sounds like something I might do and then complain and Neal or my oldest son would spot the problem and give me the :roll: look. Impressive shot with the red lights! My Canon used to make my merc tank look like they had just attacked something that bled red blood (obviously NOT ceph blue blood :wink:)

QueenB

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Yea I'm starting to like the photos coming from the iPad. I'm gonna practice some more with it and might test the video capability of it to... I guess I need more duct tape? lol :lol:

QueenB

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
My appologies for not having any updates in a while. It's been a sad stressful house the past few weeks trying to figure out what is wrong with 2 of my dogs. (fused vertebrae & pinched nerves) They are 9 yrs old and little dogs tend to have back problems they said.

Anyway she's still eating and winking at me all the time. She still plays tug of war with the ice cube or the skewer. She doesn't come out that I see, but she is collecting shells. When I try to feed her some mornings she norm is holding 2-3 hermits hostage. Still not killing them, but not letting go. The shells I have put in there now are too big for her. They are cycled, and the big conch shell looks gorgeous! A piece of the barnacle broke off, so I took it out in case it started fouling the water up. It's back in the QT tank.

Last edited:

QueenB

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Wink's still eating decent in my opinion. I try twice everyday (10a-12pm-m & 11-2am) and she norm takes the tiny little bits and spits out what she doesn't finish. I cut them up pretty small. If not she just spits them out anyway. (reminds me of an always unsatisfied princess) She is starting to refuse the fiddlers. Its been a week and still won't eat one.

I've been a tad worried about her color. She still looks kind of greyish. So I tried to make her mad to see if I couldn't get her to cloud or at least change color. But only the skin around her eyes is changing color now. She still doesn't come out at all. She just sits on her porch like a little old lady watching the passer by's mumbling to herself. :old: I absolutely adore watching and interacting with the foods, finger touch, toys with food attached.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
I believe you are correctly guessing that you are in senescence. The symptoms are common but the length of time varies considerably from animal to animal. If she is eating at all then you likely have more time with her.

QueenB

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
She has been balled up for a few days now with her arms up over her head, and her mouth/beak area exposed. When I've stuck in some shrimp and a Fiddler she will take it then spit it out, but she hasn't eaten or wanted anything. I'm gonna try again tonight and hope that she will eat something.

QueenB

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
She came out of her den for the first time last night.:smile:

I got a crappy photo because she was just outside her den door, but behind a clam shell.

I got nervous when I didn't see her and went to move the shell, and she was glued to it.

I was excited and was waiting till 6 am in hopes for her to move about the tank. But she never moved.

I kind of knew she was starting to die off, I just didn't expect it to be so sudden. I Just woke up a few minutes ago and she was gone.

She was full grown when I got her, but I did get to spend a few months with her. Longer then I expected.
RIP my little Wink :goodbye:

Feb 15th, 2014 - May 28th, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catifshconnoisseur

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri