• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

[Octopus]: Wink - Octopus Digueti

QueenB

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
The Buffet table just arrived! They sent me some small Mysids (freebie?) as well just in case she could/would eat them, but their quite tiny. I plopped a shore shrimp in there and hope she sees it to eat it.

I called them to ask if the 25 Shore shrimp can be kept in a 5 gallon with a 1" Percula. I was worried about temp mainly and if the Percula would eat them. He said it would be fine for the 25 Shore Shrimp that I ordered along with room temperature. Toss in some flake food and not to forget the water changes. :biggrin2: My hands look like a cat went ballistic on them 24/7 because I can't keep them out of the tanks or mixing saltwater.

I think it was Paul who actually answered the phone. I enjoyed the conversation and he was the nicest man. I normally get a tone or a HMPH when I ask newbie questions about something like this.

Going to build a fiddler crab tank now that I'm reassured about the shrimp tank.

QueenB

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Posting a quick photo of the fiddlers with a small orange plastic ball for size reference. The ball opens up and has 2 holes on the top and 2 holes on the bottom. Easy to open to. I stumbled on these in the mall with my daughter. I have a brown one, orange ones, and a few clear ones. I'm thinking Stimulation! Hoping to get some interaction with these.

QueenB

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Ok I moved the corals and fish and every single blue leg I could find into the IM. And I did a really good cleaning of the RSM along with a 50% water change just to be safe. I kept most of the LR in there that didn't have any corals on it, and there are some really nice caves and crevasses for her to hide in. I didn't scrub out the sump like I wanted, (Coraline growing in there)but was afraid that would be too much. I took out the normal filtration sponges and bags I use. (Chemi Pure, Purigen, Carbon ect.) So it's sponges and lots of carbon. Tank is bit cloudy I think.

I bought and used the Media basket Mod for the RSM fuge and put a HUGE piece of Coarse sponge in there and it stretches all the way up and blocks the vent perfectly. It's porous enough for the water to go through and not block it in the main tank and flood. That always worries me. I have a thin piece of plexiglas cut for the RSM. So she is contained in the front section and that is a very heavy hood. Although I'm probably going to put some sort of light in the back as well just in case she can actually push against that sponge. ( I highly doubt it, because it's thick enough that it's a very firm tight fit from the filter vent to the back of the tank. (if shes a Merc she might avoid it)

I'm putting her in this evening once she acclimates, and her new room will be the living room. There is less lighting in there. The kitchen is normally super busy with the kids, cooking, eating, etc.

Posting up some photos and video.
Might I add I think the fish are quite happy. The colors really pop with that white background.

Last edited:

QueenB

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Getting brave

Can't close the hatch to the sump because of the Skimmer.

The clowns are in the back, you can see the female's head barely in the center middle of the picture. In between the rocks.

[URL=http://s111.photobucket.com/user/QueenI3itch/media/Innovative%20Marine%2038G/IMG_1835_zpsf7e1a727.jpg.html] [/URL]

Dwhatley You were right about the Blue Leg crab. His body was found today at the bottom and I was trying to trade her a Piece of shrimp for the shell. She took the shrimp and kept the shell. :roflmao:

Last edited:

QueenB

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
I got the bags in today as well, and put one over the Koralia with zip ties. I love how porous they are! WOOHOO new Carbon bags! It looks funny but I'm hoping it works just as good.

Waiting on the RSM to clear before taking some shots.

QueenB

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
What kind of clean up crew and corals would be safe to have in there with her? I have Various Colored Zoas, Mushrooms, Palythoas, Cabbage Leather Coral, Toadstool, Blue Xenia, Light Pink/White Xenia, & a Gonipora.

Was curious if my Mexican turbos would be safe in there. They are the same size she is and surprisingly good eaters. I thought when they got bigger they don't eat as much like the Plecostomus.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHF8

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak