Why, hello.

monty;110072 said:
:welcome: to TONMO. I don't see the link, though...
hey Monty, I linked to it in my previous post.

Yes, nice to meet you as well. Its always exciting to meet people with the rare enthusiasm for our tentacled friends. Especially ones that are local!

The story about an old Octo pet of mine did include inking, but not necessarily of when my ex-girlfriend came into the room.

The ex-girlfriend at this time wanted to see the octopus ink one day when I was not around. So she tried to scare it to do so. Since then, this octo would often turn black like a lump of coal when she came and peered into the tank. This was very much in contrast to the flashing of colors the octo would often express to me when I was present. :biggrin2:

Well neighbor, welcome to Tonmo, the Cephalophile Support group :talker: What area of SF are you in?

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
thanks for the link (yup, it looks like a small, brown octopus... I'm not much help, I guess.) Sheesh, your ex sounds a bit mean, but it's interesting to have another bit of anecdotal evidence that octos can tell individual people apart.

monty;110100 said:
thanks for the link (yup, it looks like a small, brown octopus... I'm not much help, I guess.) Sheesh, your ex sounds a bit mean, but it's interesting to have another bit of anecdotal evidence that octos can tell individual people apart.

Well there are reasons in which she is my EX-girlfriend :razz:
Ive found some octos to be much more personable that others. Although I would like to assume that this octo reacted the way it did due to an emotional association to me or my ex, but in reality, her presence was probably seen as a physical threat, while I represented an endless source of expensive food!

Latest Forum Posts