Who and/or What is Cthulhu?

Where does Ramsay Campbell stand in it all? I have his Cold Print compilation, but I can't start it til I've finished Mountains of Madness second time around :lol:

Ahhh, the Mountains of Madness...truly one of the best short stories ever written. I like how the Elder Beings (or whatever) are not evil at all, just curious as we humans are.

Tekeli-li to you!

Absolutely! That's the way it should be- the creatures in Lovecraft's stories are no more, or indeed less, evil than us humans. Makes it all the more believable.

Yeah, Lovecraft's impersonal cosmic horror doesn't play so well with most people; they want good to triumph over evil in time for them to be home for dinner. Beings who could squash our entire world and never even notice aren't popular. On the good/evil side, if Humboldt squid are intelligent enough to communicate even semi-complex ideas, what do you suppose the image of our fishing boats is with them?

Unspeakable Words just came in the post today :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2: It's an awesome little word-based card game where scorings are based on the number of angles (euclidian obviously) in each letter. You get the cutest little Cthulhu "pawns" that indicate sanity points. Start out with 5, for every word you have to match the score with a D20 roll. Fail and you lose a SP. First to 100 wins. :smile: It's just a fun wee game. Made by Playroom Entertainment. Check out their site, they have loads of stuff. Alternatively, Chaosium tend to stock it (For the Brits, I got it from City in the Sea through their Ebay shop, but they have their own site too). Chuffed to bits :smile:

Well, just make sure that you have no angles in your room where you are reading, so that the hounds of tindalos can't get through.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back