which octo?

As a hopeful aside, Nancy did not discover one of her's alive until it was missing for 4 months. CaptFish put in half a dozen and just Legs showed up one day. Wiley (merc) was pronounce dead at least 4 times until he was 5 months old so keep feeding the tank and watching (particularly at night).:fingerscrossed:

okay last night while searching the tank i did find 4 arms floating in the current at feeding time they were coming out of the smallest live rock hole...tough to say if it was an octopus definetely caught some cyclopeeze and took it to its body... could not see the body though,,,the arms though were reddish with greenish stripes on them...tough to say..is this what the arms of a tiny briereus look like? it was a tough angle to get a good look...i would say about the size of a nickel? maybe just a serpant star but ihave never had one before

thanx capt....the lights have been on for about 5 hrs now...just now i noticed the arms are out in the same spot...just dangling out of the rock..it has 5 of them out in various holes...definetely one creature....might need columbo aka peter faulk for this one...

Very interesting! I have no clue what you saw but I am going for optimism. Try squirting Cyclop-eze like you were target feeding coral in that spot tonight and see if it reappears. If you see it there again, try dangling a tiny piece of shrimp (on a thread or piece of dental floss maybe). Red and green are not normal colors for anything else I can think of. Was the green reflective/lumenescent? I have all manner of serpent stars and have never seen one red and green (green, yes and red yes but not both) and I have a couple of interesting LR night feeders that have arms that look like a baby serpent star but is likely some kind of worm (they never move and are mostly seen at night) but again, not in those colors so this is very exciting!

What color are the arms in the light?

the arms are red with white stripes right now...the green did look like the green in mom last night that is why i was excited...but the thing that is throwing me is it looks almost like a pattern on the legs...tried to get pics but they looked like blobs.. it is also hard to see if it like cilia or suckers on the arms

Do you have a tripod? If so you might be able to get a crisp photo as close as you CAN focus that can be blown up (zoomed in). Seeing the arms with the lights on is less promising though.

How about a table or chair and some books in lieu of a tripod?

The bad part is that it is likely to be something cool in the LR that will be disappointing just because it is not what we want it to be. :hmm:

okay able to get one..with the flash it looks greenish but in person it is white

Attachments

• conv_296080.jpg
    conv_296080.jpg
    872.9 KB · Views: 128

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back