• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Where to get octos

Octoperson

Hatchling
Registered
Hi,
I have been getting octos from my local fish store, but they have often been in bad shape. The first one was a very friendly old octopus, who had 2 and a half missing arms. The second one was younger, and had many missing arms, a few of which hadn't even started to grow back yet. I was wondering if there is a better way to get octos, preferably with all of their arms attached?

Hi,
I have been getting octos from my local fish store, but they have often been in bad shape. The first one was a very friendly old octopus, who had 2 and a half missing arms. The second one was younger, and had many missing arms, a few of which hadn't even started to grow back yet. I was wondering if there is a better way to get octos, preferably with all of their arms attached?
I do use KP Aquatics and highly recommended them. I will point out, though, that it’s extremely common for octopuses to loose their arms! This isn’t a sign of mis-handling- they frequently loose them while hunting or defending themselves. As to the age of what is available- that’s partly based on the time of year and where they were collected, as they are “seasonal.”

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back