• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

where am I likely to find somewhere selling an octopus in the uk?

octo_dude

Hatchling
Registered
looking for one and i phoned someone up asking and I wasn't aware they are seasonal. that being said though we have a lot of fish and every time we got to get some more if some die etc. I never see any.

Hi octo_dude and welcome to the site! I cannot find a place in the UK that often. has octopuses in stock.
We are getting more requests from would-be octo keepers in the UK, so maybe Fish stores will eventually carry more of them.

Nancy

I believe most UK members have located a nearby aquarium store buys from wholesalers (most do). Asking them to order an octopus is viable but what you will eventually get could be challenging. If you find a store that will order for you, be sure you tell them you do not want a blue ring.

Tropic Marine Centre (TMC) get the more comon ones in occasionally. Most Fish shops in the UK deal with them and then its a case of finding a friendly local fish shop who will watching the list's weekly and call you when one pops up. They usually just refer to all of them with a generic trade name of brown octopus and you just take pot luck.
Also abyss aquatics (online) may get them in.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back