• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

What's up with this?

curious. two of the pics look like Sepia apama to me, which would clearly be too big for 3 in a 55gal, but the one of an animal feeding looks smaller.

The picture of the one feeding is right on tonmo and another one was clearly taken in the ocean. I highly doubt those were taken by the seller.

I am not sure I trust the seller. There is one feedback (the rest are purchases) from a customer and no definitive info about the cuttle purchase. They do take Paypal which is helpful if it is a fraud (I won't buy anything on eBay that does not take Paypal) and doesn't expose credit card info but I would want more info on his "store" before making an offer ...

I KNEW I HAD SEEN THAT PICTURE SOMEWHERE:

www.tonmo.com/images/content/basiccuttle3.JPG

The hand feeding picture is from Colin's article!
Redirect Notice
This guy is a fraud!

:heee::banghead: Yeah, he/she says they have kept Nautilus before...
She is also listing a "Tank-bred" Garabaldi for sale. These fish are protected (and not to be collected) per Department of Fish and Game.

Update: The seller says that the Garabaldi comes from a wholesaler in California. She knows that they cannot be collected in California - she says they are sometimes collected from Mexico.

Here is the link for reporting selling a live animal (cuttlefish) that is NOT a fish... :heee:
http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...5ef51c2c4cbc59f82dce9fa1a6ae1004b7e33e47a7939

Thales;133514 said:
WHo is breeding in Carolina?

I am wondering the same thing, 65.00 dollars for 1 egg! Thats an outright joke! Seems to me there is something not quite right about this auction.....

I have issues with this statement: (cut and paste from her listing)
out of all we have sold only 1 has died ( high ammonia in the customers uncycled tank )! these things are super easy.

What reputable store would sell a cuttle to a customer with a new uncycled tank? I own a store and its this kind of thing that I won't stand for!! They practicly sent it to its death for profit:cry:

Octopus_Reef;133517 said:
I am wondering the same thing, 65.00 dollars for 1 egg! Thats an outright joke! Seems to me there is something not quite right about this auction.....

I have issues with this statement: (cut and paste from her listing)
out of all we have sold only 1 has died ( high ammonia in the customers uncycled tank )! these things are super easy.

What reputable store would sell a cuttle to a customer with a new uncycled tank? I own a store and its this kind of thing that I won't stand for!! They practicly sent it to its death for profit:cry:

Don't forget my DOA little one that hatched in transit.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back