• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

What's up with this?

This one is at best fishy and I would almost bet that there would be trouble with the Paypal account when the winner tried to pay and the request for a check would follow (this was not uncommon in the old days). I am also not sure if Paypal covers live purchases, a lot of the warranties don't. It also sound like you might be getting responses from more than one person. Saltwater Scam Fish, I think.

I reported him as a fraud. It looks indeed to be Bruce Eismann!! I remember that guy from a few months back as well. He was all over the place under different names trying to sell fish and reptiles. How is he not in jail??

Here's a bit more reading on Bruce. After digging, I found that Bruce has previously been in trouble with the law for owning some tigers and them nearly starving to death.

In the link below Bruce's story starts about halfway down with "Janie's story is an example of what can happen to a white tiger cub.

When she arrived in 1997 at a wildlife sanctuary run by Vernon Yates of Seminole, she was 4 years old and should have weighed about 400 pounds.

She weighed 100 pounds."

http://www.sptimes.com/News/052701/news_pf/Floridian/An_unnatural_fate.shtml

Reading the seller reviews, it sounds like most of them were written by the same over-enthusiastic person, too. Who writes "A++++++++!!!!!!!!!" in ebay reviews? I know I don't.

copycat (see post #38)!

Reading the seller reviews, it sounds like most of them were written by the same over-enthusiastic person, too. Who writes "A++++++++!!!!!!!!!" in ebay reviews? I know I don't.

Monty, the posts you are looking are at are from sellers, not buyers. There are only two buyer's posts and the first one looks like a young person (both appear to be authentic, I won't rant about second poster)

You guys need to check this thread out. This guy, or "Girl" May very well be a KNOWN scammer on another forum.

It might seem like alot of reading, but its WORTH checking out, just to see if anyone with ANY information on this guy/girl ( we think its a guy) can also prove he is one and the same.

If this post is inappropriate for this board, i truly apologize. And please feel free to delete this information/post. I just wanted to alert you to the other forum and the information it has.

Im not saying this is DEFINITELY the guy... but its pretty fishy ( har har)

FaunaClassifieds

- Alicia Holmes

It might be legit. The seller does have 100% feedback. Maybe its just a not very smart person with a great supplier. I'd hate to have a hairy over someone just trying sell things on ebay that they thought were cool. I would be pretty T.Oed also if a bunch of people started complaining about me to ebay. I'm not saying it's not Bruce E., or some other scam; just that we don't know.

321Boom;133741 said:
It might be legit. The seller does have 100% feedback. Maybe its just a not very smart person with a great supplier. I'd hate to have a hairy over someone just trying sell things on ebay that they thought were cool. I would be pretty T.Oed also if a bunch of people started complaining about me to ebay. I'm not saying it's not Bruce E., or some other scam; just that we don't know.

No...It's Bruce.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back