What species of Cuttlefish have white eggs????

Ok, after a couple weeks of development, Im pretty sure it is S. latimanus! The egg size is more then 2x the size of Bandensis eggs, the baby with plenty of yolk left is 3-4x times the size of bandensis hatchlings and its still not hatched yet! I will take care of this one until it outgrows my available space, which shouldnt be long. Rich will probably then take him to throw in a 150 gallon system and when it outgrows that, we will need to hope the academy of science will take him!
"D"

Latimanus. A very interesting species so far. The behavior reminds me of officinalis . Seems more personable then bandensis and found to be hovering around more often. It was shy at first, but quickly warmed up to me when he learned I was his source of food.

The most fascinating aspect of this species is the attack posture. When preparing to strike, Latimanus will flair out the two largest tentacles. You can see this in some of the pictures here and the video.

I haven't had time to take the best pictures, but here is what Ive got so far!

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

Mid Strike!
IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1477.jpg

]Heres a couple videos. The first was made a few weeks ago.

[/B]

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back