• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

what should i due?

I have a 75 gal tank with a marineland tidepool filter. It has some cermic biorings, carbon, and a filter pad. I also have a sea clone protien skimmer.

The problem is that i could not get a cb bimac for a few months so i got a really nice lionfish, then i got a tessalated eel, saddlebutterfly fish, and a harliquin tusk fish. Well the butterfly brought ick in and i did not want to lose $400 in fish so i added a bunch of rid-ich. Almost a whole large bottle.

Well most of the fish ended up diying from the ich or the medicine. The eel jumped out. So now i have an empty tank again, but can i still get an octo?

I am thinking not because there is still a blue tint at the seals and some of the plastic so i think the medicine is still in there and it might kill the octo because they are so sensitive. Let me know what you think. Thanks for your time, Jake.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back