• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

What else is needed?

LittleMatt

Cuttlefish
Registered
Ever since my highschool Marine Science class, I've wanted to keep an octopus. I've been looking at this site for a few months now, and I've immersed myself in books and articles. As the time grows near, I would like to ask the pros for some help. Here is what I have:

75 gallon tank
wet/dry filter rated for 125 gal.
fine substrate
lots of hiding spaces made out of stone

I did not have the money for LR, or else I would have bought that. I just used some from the company Feller Stone. There are probably many things that I have forgot to list, though. I know a protein skimmer is needed, and I was wondering on what type you guys prefer. Also, is there anything, other than sea stars and sea cucumbers that an octopus won't eat? Thanks.

Hi LittleMatt,

Have you seen Colin's Equipment List on this site? It offers a good list of the things you'll need, and things to consider, when starting your new tank. Otherwise, if you have specific questions, I'm sure folks here can help. Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back