What aquarium has live squid on display?

DocidicusGigas

GPO
Registered
I tried raising Loligo eggs once.... (I have lots of access- THANKS MOM! :tentacle: ) I had an egg case in a yoghurt cup of seawater with an aeration device. They hatched, looked cute, and died.

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
HI Steve

will that be sloanii or gouldi (southern and northern/aussie species of Nototodarus folks!) you'll be keeping????? I'd love to hear more about it!!!

Cheers

J

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
.... well, in all likelihood it will be Nototodarus gouldi (that's in the immediate future, but it really depends on whether I can find the time to actually get out and catch them!).

Feb 13 to Feb 24 I'm doing the lecture circuit aboard the Odyssey for the AMNH (yup, the AMNH is coming to NZ and I'll be talking about squid for a couple of weeks aboard the vessel). No sooner have I finished that than I'm off to sea again Feb 26 through March 10, looking for the larval Architeuthis (just a short, weather-dependent series of overnight trips) - a story about this is planned for the New Yorker (so the plan goes), with one of their reporters accompanying us; worst-case scenario is I catch Moroteuthis only, but that in itself, if they 'stay alive', will be a world first (and I'll be kinda jolly happy coz I'll know that we can do this with Architeuthis). March 11 I'm double booked in 2 cities to give talks ... hmmmm .... (that's just not going to work), then another March 16. Post March 16 I've really have to knuckle down and do some Uni work, although I'm kinda pooped.

... kinda digressed there. Ooooops.
I've basically got 1 Feb through 12 Feb free to go chasing the Nototodarus, so cross fingers that all goes to plan.