Whale in action

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
I don't know if this link has been posted elsewhere .... I just stumbled upon it. Sensational stuff!! I've posted the link here because of the cetacean interest online (and, of course, because these animals eat squid and octopus .... and are just soooo cool .... and because imagery like this is so extremely rare!).

click wow-wow-wow

Yes, that's a good one, that. I've got a few others from the GOM as well, generally not as deep as that one but very interesting. I would post them, but they belong to the oil companies so i don't think that would go down too well. Happens quite a bit apparently.....

What i find amazing is how they can move so precisely and gracefully, just stopping in the water and rolling around, and they're obviously very interested in the ROVs and clearly like to rub against them.

We've actually incorporated this idea into the oceans series.....

Looked sperm whale-ish to me, but the video didn't really show too many features. Great video for 1000 m depth! Oh, and is it just me or does it look like the yellowish structure was on or at least near the bottom? Thats pretty surprising, and very cool!

Cheers!

Nik said:
Yes, that's a good one, that. I've got a few others from the GOM as well, generally not as deep as that one but very interesting. I would post them, but they belong to the oil companies so i don't think that would go down too well. Happens quite a bit apparently.....
:shock: Yup, I'll be in touch!!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back