• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Whale in action

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Registered
I don't know if this link has been posted elsewhere .... I just stumbled upon it. Sensational stuff!! I've posted the link here because of the cetacean interest online (and, of course, because these animals eat squid and octopus .... and are just soooo cool .... and because imagery like this is so extremely rare!).

click wow-wow-wow

Nik

Blue Ring
Registered
Yes, that's a good one, that. I've got a few others from the GOM as well, generally not as deep as that one but very interesting. I would post them, but they belong to the oil companies so i don't think that would go down too well. Happens quite a bit apparently.....

What i find amazing is how they can move so precisely and gracefully, just stopping in the water and rolling around, and they're obviously very interested in the ROVs and clearly like to rub against them.

We've actually incorporated this idea into the oceans series.....

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gary T

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak