We've lost Butter

Eagleray

Blue Ring
Registered
Very sad day in our household today. Butter, our little baby is gone. We don't know what happened to him. We hadn't seen him in a couple of days, but he was always hiding and so we kept putting little hermits in and they weren't disappearing. Yesterday, Tim and I took the entire tank apart. No Butter. He was not in any rocks, or in the sand or anywhere in the tank. The only thing that we can think of is that he found a little hole and managed to escape and one of our cats got to him. We didm't see a water mark anywhere, but he is nowhere to be found. It's really sad, becasue he was just starting to play with us, and was so beautiful. There is only one place he could have gotten out of, which we thought was too small, but I guess we were wrong. We tested the water and it was perfect, so who knows.
On a happier note, Alice will be moving into her new tank in 2 more weeks. She's more than ready. Her span is now about 2 1/2 feet. Anyone that lives in the West Palm area, we will be having a tankwarming party for her, and all are invited.
Beth and Tim

Terribly sorry, Eagleray. :frown: Are you absolutly sure it isn't hiding in a rock? My baby goes in holes unbelievably small. I've had fish jump out of the aquarium and the cats just played with them. I'd find them dried up on the floor with a cat batting them around. Never have they actually ate one.

Spring

I'm hoping that he's still hiding, but if he is, I would think that when I moved the rocks around, he would have moved. And if he i hiding, he's not eating, but I do still check every few hours.

Very sorry - I hope you do find him, maybe he is just hiding.

I also would come to the tankwarming, if I weren't so far away. I'm sure Alice will appreciate having a new and larger home.

Nancy

I'm sorry Eagleray.
I do remember a thread from a long time ago about a baby bimac that disapeared. They spent weeks looking for it and took the whole tank apart trying to find it. After a few weeks they had long since given up and one day it just popped up. It had been hiding in the liverock the whole time. I don't want to get your hopes up, but I'd give it a little longer and keep some food in the tank just in case. Goodluck with Alice's tank warming party.
John

Don't give up hope yet, Eagleray. I've heard of octo's hitchhiking in on liverock. If they can survive that and not be noticed, Butter could certainly hide sucessfully in your tank.

Spring

Any update?? I do remember someone from this sight who's baby disapeared for over a week and then resurfaced. He also tore his tank apart.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Carol

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back