wet/dry filters

Ohhh nooo, corporate know how to filter SW very well! They just don't sell what they use.

Anyone who can design a filtration system fresh or salt that can handle all the tanks and bioload they have there- knows what they are doing.

The employees are nice and considerate, are interested in animals and a truly trying to help. The only skimmer my local PetSmart has in stock is a very cheap HOB which they told me would work for my big tank (240). When they asked what fish I had -I mentioned a cuttlefish - they told me "those stick things aren't meant to be put in a fish tank -they're meant for bird cages"

I rest my case.

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Registered
Illithid;83297 said:
Ohhh nooo, corporate know how to filter SW very well! They just don't sell what they use.

Exactly. The filtration system was planned out long before the store was even built: the people in store have a list of tasks to maintain it, but the fundamental understanding of how it all works just isn't there.

OoNickoC

Blue Ring
Registered
Illithid;83297 said:
When they asked what fish I had -I mentioned a cuttlefish - they told me "those stick things aren't meant to be put in a fish tank -they're meant for bird cages"

I rest my case.

ROTFL:lol:
I would have burst in laughter on the spot....then frustration. Wow. Cuttlefish is a bit off cuttleBONE. I appologize for the rant again. I know what you mean, HOB skimmers are generally overrated by 100-300% depending on the brand/model. The sadest part is that most corporations actually target out less knowledgable staff to hire to aviod policy conflict so if they are trained there they think they know a bit.....and are sadly brainwashed. Wise and experienced corporate store emp's are becoming more rare everyday. That was the pet store statement of the century, and ive heard some....lol.

OoNickoC;83426 said:
ROTFL:lol:
I would have burst in laughter on the spot....then frustration. Wow. Cuttlefish is a bit off cuttleBONE. I appologize for the rant again. I know what you mean, HOB skimmers are generally overrated by 100-300% depending on the brand/model. The sadest part is that most corporations actually target out less knowledgable staff to hire to aviod policy conflict so if they are trained there they think they know a bit.....and are sadly brainwashed. Wise and experienced corporate store emp's are becoming more rare everyday. That was the pet store statement of the century, and ive heard some....lol.

Well said

Latest Posts