Well...it had to be on the web...

Got to love the study showing that prayer is bad for heart patients. Guess the creation fish eaten by a bigger darwin fish t shirts should get equal time.
But where are the ceph overlords?

jc45 said:
A great discovery and a blow against creationism: Fossil shows how Fish Crept onto Land
Hello jc45,

Didn't you hear? That "fossil" was sculpted by Satan and placed in Man's path to lead him astray.:wink:

To Creationists, every win is a war and every loss a battle. The latest Archaeopteryx-big find won't really change the dynamic. If the Flying Spaghetti Monster showed up tomorrow and claimed credit for everything, a few billion people would assume that the FSM answered to a all-powerful man with a white beard who is not Sean Connery.

I'll take it for what it is: a great moment in science, and leave it at that. I hope you're proved right about its possible effects.

Cheers,
Adam

Well said JC45, and 'Zardoz' to you Clem.

Isn't it odd that creationists never seem to try to pick holes in ammonite, trilobite or brachiopod lineages; those sequences are so well recorded that in some locations they are actually used as index fossils to date strata. It's a pity that the terrestrial vertebrate records are much less complete, this gives the creationists more room to play in.

The more fossils that are found, the more gaps are plugged and the narrower they have to look for areas to support their arguments. Even as we read this I expect that Tiktaalik is being hotly reviewed by alarmed creationist groups so that they can now attempt to pick holes in the length of the digits of the pectoral fins, or some such.

Clem said:
Didn't you hear? That "fossil" was sculpted by Satan and placed in Man's path to lead him astray.

Crap. I knew it. :twisted:

Answers in Genesis

I have a few comments about that article...

First of all, it's really unscholarly of them to attack the fact that scientists are using the word "may" and such when they themselves are using it just as much as the evolutionists, and it's funny that half the article is concerned with this... it makes you think they're being defensive or something...:biggrin2: Also, they've diminished the impact of the find by calling it a "lobe finned fish". It isn't, the ceolacanth is. The tiktaalik has evidence of actual limb development, like an elbow and a primitive wrist. And they want a creationist to examine it. I don't even see the point, they're just going to say it's "just another fish".

Phil said:
Well said JC45, and 'Zardoz' to you Clem.

Please, call me Joey. :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back