Well...it had to be on the web...

Colin said:
i do remember telling her that i doubted Cephalopods were christians

THAT'S AWSOME, hat's off to your wit!

A few years back we did have a member who joined because they wanted to link the octopus with 8 parts of christianity

... I only thought there were three parts to christianity... maybe I need to hit the books again, (it's been a long time since I even opened a bible!) Wonder what 8 parts she was talking about...?

Colin said:
A few years back we did have a member who joined because they wanted to link the octopus with 8 parts of christianity, I can't remember the exact details... It started with a PM but did get onto the forums at one point.

Uh, okay... I do remember an "eight-fold path" in Bhudism, but not in Christianity. I would love it if God appeared to the world as an octo.... :angelpus:

Colin said:
A few years back we did have a member who joined because they wanted to link the octopus with 8 parts of christianity, I can't remember the exact details... It started with a PM but did get onto the forums at one point.

Uh, okay... I do remember an "eight-fold path" in Bhudism, but not in Christianity.

I would love it if God appeared to the world as an octo.... :angelpus: Though I would think that the fate he/she would meet would be even nastier than crucifixion... :sushi:

Sushi (non deity, please) and Sake, all

John

Thanks for that link, Sorseress. Highly entertaining in a slightly-disturbing sort of way.

I love this quote, it justs beggers the question 'Why?'

...Project Creation in Mount Juliet, Tenn., who would need to raise about $1 million to assemble 30 to 50 pterodactyl and brachiosaur replicas to mingle with live chickens and goats.

I prefer not to get involved in "religion arguments", but I figure I might say something about my views on science vs. religion.

Firstly, look above:"I prefer not to get involved in 'religion arguments' ". Why? Simple. RELIGION is a FAITH.
FAITH as defined by The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language:
Faith Pronunciation Key (fth)​
n.​

1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See Synonyms at belief. See Synonyms at trust.
3. Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.
4. often Faith Christianity. The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.
5. The body of dogma of a religion: the Muslim faith.
6. A set of principles or beliefs.

Observe number 2: "Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See Synonyms at belief. See Synonyms at trust."

You see? ILLOGICAL BELIEF. You cannot win an argument as, by its very definition, RELIGION does not care whether there is evidence against or for it. Example: I have FAITH in you", is the statement of having an irrational belief of the capabilities of an individual.

Secondly, FAITH/RELIGION is not a SCIENCE. SCIENCE (#

1. The observation, identification, description, experimental investigation, and theoretical explanation of phenomena.
2. Such activities restricted to a class of natural phenomena.
3. Such activities applied to an object of inquiry or study.)

is very different from RELIGION. SCIENCE, by ITS very definition RESTS SQUARELEY UPON THE FOUNDATION OF EVIDENCE!

Just my 2 cents.

Gabe

4. often Faith Christianity. The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.
5. The body of dogma of a religion: the Muslim faith.

Anyone else see the subtle bias there? "Christianity" = "virtue"; "dogma" = "Muslim faith". Sheesh. :roll:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back