well , Im tired of octos

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Going to have to side with Greg on this too Kirtis.

Its been quite a while since you first started trying out cephalopods and you always get bored with them within a few weeks, I'd suggest that any octopus or cuttlefish you get would also not hold you attention for very long

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
You want something really, really impressive? Keep your salt tank and turn it into a reef tank, and then get a much bigger tank in which to start raising American freshwater predators, like gar. Catch them yourself relatively locally, raise them, and have a Dr. No-style environment for these freshwater N. American monsters. Trust me, your guests will be impressed. Alligator gar are an amazingly frightening species to look at.

Or, of course, go with cuttles, as has been recommended before.

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Registered
erich orser said:
You want something really, really impressive? Keep your salt tank and turn it into a reef tank, and then get a much bigger tank in which to start raising American freshwater predators, like gar. Catch them yourself relatively locally, raise them, and have a Dr. No-style environment for these freshwater N. American monsters. Trust me, your guests will be impressed. Alligator gar are an amazingly frightening species to look at.

Or, of course, go with cuttles, as has been recommended before.

I had a roomate that had a small gar in a 125 gallon tank. It was my favorite fish ever. It wasn't very exciting, it didn't like to move very fast, but it was just so cool. In the year and a half we had that tank, I saw him eat once. He just sucked down a feeder whole. That's the only freshwater fish that I've ever been interested in keeping.

Dan