Welcome

:twisted: ok thanks steve tell me if the fishing is so bad in new zealand why is NIWA or QMS allocating a 10% increase in quoter (ACE) for terakhi (TAR) lower north island ,its that true??? if so. why are NWIA or QMS doing that when you said ( oceans are empty, the coral gone, and generally things are grim) .hmmmmm its funny you say that! ..... i think you just proved something to me............ tell me if im wrong plz thanks :smile: You will find that its 10% or maybe even more like 20% of the (TAC) "total allowable catch" for tarakhi(TAR) quota(ACE) for the lower north island

Why are all these people so thin minded and onesided! Sounds like you guys work for "greenpeace" DO U EAT FISH is wright. Keep up the good work fish, can i talk with you fish? I would like a copy of photos,

wendy said:
Why are all these people so thin minded and onesided! Sounds like you guys work for "greenpeace" DO U EAT FISH is wright. Keep up the good work fish, can i talk with you fish? I would like a copy of photos,

Well maybe but remember this without a fishing industry, there would be no need for fisheries scientist (such as me!) So I'm not out to stop fishing per se BUT I think we need to have more open dialogue.....not a diatribe (in fact I just had a great chat this am with a Sealords employee [Sealords is one of our biggest commercial fishing outfits]). Plus without fishing scientists and what we learn and pass on for management purposes we could lose the fisheries (eg Atlantic Cod etc ) THEN we are all out of pocket.......fishers, scientists, public alike.

OK I'll get off my soapbox now!:biggrin2:

J

Is there any way to check on the IP's for "wendy" and "d-fish" ? By the spelling and inarticulation, I would perhaps hazard a guess that it is one juvenile flamer with nothing to do but borrow his Mom's pc and stir up some trouble...this happens a lot on the Herpetological forums...
All of the points raised by DF are pointless and vague, at best, and can easily be dismissed as the rantings of an under-educated person who is simply trying to get people to notice him/her.

sigh.
greg

right, both are vague and say 'fishos', 'thanx' and 'wright'.
Spelling's funny, had some trouble at another web site also, same IP, but with 10 different names ranging from 'Wanton soup' to 'A. Hitler'
but then arn't I a juvenile flamer with nothing to do but borrow his Mom's pc and stir up some trouble...

chrono_war01 said:
right, both are vague and say 'fishos', 'thanx' and 'wright'.
Spelling's funny, had some trouble at another web site also, same IP, but with 10 different names ranging from 'Wanton soup' to 'A. Hitler'
but then arn't I a juvenile flamer with nothing to do but borrow his Mom's pc and stir up some trouble...

Several differences CW! you weren't rude to the point of being obnoxious, you were/ are willing to listen to other points of view and you can spell!!!

J

action does more than words

Peace, Eat fish, but know about the fish you eat, where it came from, and how it was fished. I often drive the fish monger crazy..

peace,
Gaetan[/QUOTE]

THAtS WRIGHt

DO_U_EAT_FISH;43602 said:
:twisted: ok thanks steve tell me if the fishing is so bad in new zealand why is NIWA or QMS allocating a 10% increase in quoter (ACE) for terakhi (TAR) lower north island ,its that true??? if so. why are NWIA or QMS doing that when you said ( oceans are empty, the coral gone, and generally things are grim) .hmmmmm its funny you say that! ..... i think you just proved something to me............ tell me if im wrong plz thanks :smile: You will find that its 10% or maybe even more like 20% of the (TAC) "total allowable catch" for tarakhi(TAR) quota(ACE) for the lower north island

yes so i here thay did increase the TAC for (TAR) in some parts of NZ he's wright cant be as bad as all you make out to be............. about time some people should do hamework befor opening there trap, just gos to show, who's wright and who's wrong.... Off the topic BUT did you know (greenies) have the most smokest cars on the road . . . . . . . . funny aye! :tongue:

We do have a problem to solve, but the fisheries being in jeopardy are debatable depending on how myopic your viewpoint is. The REAL problem is that the number of people in the world is increasing faster than we are learning how to manage the resources that the planet has to offer. How many terrestrial species have been decimated in NZ because of the sheep, cows, and all of those non-native species of deer, as well as the trout? All of those species have to do with feeding the population of humanity, which is a habit from our earliest days of cultivation. The ocean will be no different.

It is time to stop talking about sustainability in the environment until we have a stable population. There is plenty of food available on the planet, the fact that there are more obese people in the world now than starving ones is proof of that. But how long will that last? Do you really think we will be able to stay ahead of that curve?

As an interesting sidenote, think about all of the Sci-Fi stories that have to do with an alien species coming to Earth to make slaves of us, or kill us off, just to have the resources for their own ever expanding population. Those stories are soon to be prophetic for our species if we do not curb our population surge.

In some ways, I have to blame science for many of our ails. Without it, we would never have become the dominant species of the planet, capable of extending our lifespans, which no other species can do. I believe that we will are coming upon a nexus within my lifetime, one that will require us to make really unpleasant choices about the future of the human race.

I do not, and will not, have children of my own because of my views on this.

So regardless of whether or not the fisheries are fine now, just how long do you think they can stay that way?

There was a good term for this : "thintelligence" , coined by Crichton...basically a damaged way of thinking "can I do this?" instead of "should I do this?"

The fishermen got greedy, and overfished the waters...several populations may be irretrievable. P. you are correct, if nothing is done to control mass expansion, we are going to have a dusty rock in a millenia or two.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back