Welcome to the Behavior & Intelligence forum!

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
I created this new forum upon realizing this is an area that probably deserves its own home. Specifically, I was flipping around the TV in a hospital waiting room, and saw a segment on Animal Planet where an octopus was playing with giant lego blocks. As many of us know, our own Carol invented this interaction model several years ago with her bimac Ink, and I was happy and proud to see it emulated on that program. I came to post about it, and found that we really could use a dedicated forum for this purpose. So here it is -- enjoy! I'll move some relevant posts from the past into this forum so that our content remains organized.

Does this mean that we don't have to be well-behaved or intelligent on the rest of the site? :tomato:

Hi I’m new here. My lifestyle isn’t suitable for an octo but I’m curious about some things. Can an octo learn sign language?
Welcome! Same here, never owned an octo, probably never will. This community is GREAT for getting closer to them, though. Not sure about sign-language (there are certainly no documented events), but I know our staff member @Nancy had a bimac that would actually "wave" at you when you entered / exited a room. Here's a thread on it:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back