Weddell Seal talk

haggs

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
I know theres not many, if any other members or lurkers out there that live in my neighbourhood but on the off chance that someone is passing through, I thought I would give this presentation a bit a advertising here.

Southern Cross University invites you to attend a free, award-winning documentary presented by guest lecturer Professor Jesse Purdy.

Professor Purdy is a visiting researcher from Southwestern University in Texas who will present his documentary showing the ‘self-world’ of the Weddell seal. This stunning documentary uses sophisticated technology to better understand how these seals survive the harsh environment that is Antarctica.

on Wednesday, June 10 at Southern Cross University, Coffs Harbour campus, D Block Lecture Theatre, beginning at 6pm.

I have had the pleasure of spending several hours talking to this guy and enjoyed every minute of his talk/videos and his experiences..... he was also one of the guys involved in the making / producing the doco The Brainy Bunch

no worries, like I said I have seen some of the videos that he will be presenting and thoroughly enjoy it.

To be involved with attaching video cameras and other electronic equipment to a seal and being amongst the "first" to see it must have been a great achievement for them. He gets so involved in his talks you cant help but be carried along with it and feel his enthusiasm

If anyone is going please post a reply or let me know so we can meet up, either before the show or afterwards.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back