Wanted: short video clips of cuttlefish or octopuses doing a passing cloud display

ceph

Wonderpus
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Dr. Roland Anderson and I are invited speakers at an upcoming Molluscan conference. We could really use a few short 10 to 30 sec video clips of cuttlefish and/or octopuses engaging in passing cloud displays. Yes there are some on YouTube but we would like to keep things on the up and up and have permission for what we use. Please contact me at jamesbwood2000 @ gmail.com (delete the 2 spaces) within the next week if you can help. Credit will be given.

Cheers

James

Ceph,
You are welcomed to any of mine on YouTube (Channel: D Whatley) or scan for passing cloud and dwhatley but not all are marked with "passing cloud")

These are the two best I have of Mama Cass (tank born O. briareus):

And a fairly long clip of passing cloud displays from Maya (O. hummelincki):

If you can use any of them and need an FTP upload to edit, let me know where to send them.

Hi James,

I can put you in touch with someone who has some video (most likely, anyway) of passing cloud in flamboyant cuttlefish. The animals are tank raised in the Hanlon lab. She has been doing video recordings of their spontaneous behaviours - and my observations suggest they make the passing-cloud type display pretty often - so she probably has some video of it.

Let me know if you're interested.

James,
Anna DeLoach just posted a nice Broadclub video and messaged me since she remembered seeing your request
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAch1quTkIU&feature=em-uploademail

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back