Vulgaris or Briarus

I was looking at the pet stop .com and saw under fish they had for sale a blue ring and what they call a vulgaris. To me the picture they have looks more like a Briarius to me. Do you agree?

cephaloholic;110153 said:
I was looking at the pet stop .com and saw under fish they had for sale a blue ring and what they call a vulgaris. To me the picture they have looks more like a Briarius to me. Do you agree?

Direct link: I Recommend WPX Hosting

I think the fact that they list octopus under fish rather than invertebrates is a sign that they are pretty lacking in basic knowledge.

This pic is sort of small, but I agree that it looks like briareus to me, too, from the blue color and the webbing, but it's sort of a weird camera angle and octos often look different out of the water like that.

octupusab.jpg

Upvote 0
To me, the picture looks as if its underwater. The head, legs and webbing would have a much harder time in that position out of the water.

I would guess briarus as well,but Im by far an expert on Octo ID

Upvote 0
I'd say they just put a picture of an octopus to represent octopuses in general, not the specific species they sale, as they probably list every octopus they sell that isn't a blue ring as a vulgaris, not unlike just about every other dealer.

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back