• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Very strange indeed....

RandyB

O. bimaculoides
Registered
The only limits are for day and night octo's. They're supposed to be a pound. I think because they're considered game fish we're not supposed to take them as pets, but I don't really see a difference in taking one for food vs. taking one as a pet.

Where abouts is this cove and have you found any good green macro-algea for your tank? I haven't found any plants yet that look good in my tank.

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Well, macroalgaes are somewhat hard to keep...depending on the species...do you have "caulerpa" there? That one is fairly hardy...

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Typically, caulerpa looks like a fern or an edged blade grass... it should be fairly common there...

Nooo I dont think so. The algae I have is kinda maroon and a green bush thing. Kinda the same plant only different colors and the maroon ones have leaves that drop all over the place. :P

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
All those dead leaves could be one of the reasons that tank crashed so badly?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasjedlicka

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak