• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Very strange indeed....

RandyB

O. bimaculoides
Registered
The only limits are for day and night octo's. They're supposed to be a pound. I think because they're considered game fish we're not supposed to take them as pets, but I don't really see a difference in taking one for food vs. taking one as a pet.

Where abouts is this cove and have you found any good green macro-algea for your tank? I haven't found any plants yet that look good in my tank.

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Well, macroalgaes are somewhat hard to keep...depending on the species...do you have "caulerpa" there? That one is fairly hardy...

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Typically, caulerpa looks like a fern or an edged blade grass... it should be fairly common there...

Nooo I dont think so. The algae I have is kinda maroon and a green bush thing. Kinda the same plant only different colors and the maroon ones have leaves that drop all over the place. :P

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
All those dead leaves could be one of the reasons that tank crashed so badly?