Varys' babies (O. mercatoris)

We lost Beluga on January 7th, making her just over 10 months old. Quattro is the last survivor of Varys babies and will reach 11 months in about a week (I hope) but is starting to show signs of old age. Still eats and has become a bit more interactive, but his arms just look a bit "frazzled". :fingerscrossed:

I had mentioned Beluga's tendency to sit in the morning sun during the last 3 or 4 weeks prior to brooding in another thread and thought I should include the thought and photo here.

The second photo is a closeup of Quattro showing the enlarged suckers again.

Attachments

• conv_293830.jpg
    conv_293830.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 134
  • conv_293831.jpg
    conv_293831.jpg
    533.8 KB · Views: 111
Somehow I missed the AM :sagrin: pictures of Beluga in the sun until just now. What I find notable is how open her eyes are in the light. I have wondered if their strong nocturnal nature has to do with eye sensitivity to light and have been thinking they start to lose sight (or at least sensitivity) as they approach the end but this would be earlier than what I was thinking.

Again, this post is long overdue...

Quatro lived to be about 2 days short of 13 months. This whole journey was quite an experience for a couple of first-timers! Thank you all for the help! I expect we'll try again when the baby is older. :wink:

I noticed that you have no mantis either (Slither is still doing well). Hopefully you will have something marine soon as your son would miss out not having aquarium critters to see as he grows:shock:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back