• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Vampy

GPO87

Sepia elegans
Staff member
... whales arn't so bad, but they're definitley not as cool as cephs! By the way, Yay for first year university students (who carry the weight of a new world on their shoulders)

Tintenfisch said:
Yeah, those charismatic megafauna... what a drag. :roll: Yawn city!
I see "charismatic megafauna" as applicable to whales as it is to Messie or Archie :razz:

Tintenfisch said:
(Hey Steve, the brainwashing worked! :wink: )
So THAT was what it was!!! I've been wondering why I can't remember 3 months of my life and am suddenly filled with an insatiable desire to grow a mustache! :madsci: :lol:

In truth though, whales aren't so bad. They are fascinating, but my new brain chemistry just doesn't think too much of it. And three 'Cheers!' for first year students who thought that finally they'd be studying their field of interest and still AREN'T!

Cheers!
Cheers!
Cheers!
(ok, got a little carried away)

Snafflehound

GPO
Registered
Perhaps there lurks in the deep a megafauna vampyromorph...Vampyromegateuthis nosferatis... yet to be discovered. You could get a quick PhD out of that!

POD-L

O. bimaculoides
Registered
A fossil mega vampyromorph has been discovered on Vancouver Island, Nanaimoteuthis jeletzkyi
Tanabe et al 2008 in the March Journal of Paleontology
:biggrin2:

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barb

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan