update one bubbles

dont do them unfortunatley since I have a small army of land hermits that clear up for me, they use old horseshoe crab shells for dustpans and feather dusters to sweep, when its cold they get the coal fire goin with the puffer fish but my peice de resitance (bit of del-boy language there!) is my pacific tree octopus tie-backs on the curtains...deary me not a dinner party goes by without a compliment!!

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
Scouse said:
dont do them unfortunatley since I have a small army of land hermits that clear up for me, they use old horseshoe crab shells for dustpans and feather dusters to sweep, when its cold they get the coal fire goin with the puffer fish but my peice de resitance (bit of del-boy language there!) is my pacific tree octopus tie-backs on the curtains...deary me not a dinner party goes by without a compliment!!

bloody hell, it was all a gag. brilliant, really, and had me going. :tomato:

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
chrono_war01 said:
Uh...yeh they sorta messed up while advertising in the US with "Use Electrolux, the vacuum that sucks."
:shock: :lol: Actually I LIKE it........but I have a warped sense of humour!

J

clownfish said:
I nodiced the cuttest little thing yesterday I was watching my octopus and next to him ther was a little so tiny you had to look real close in the water jelly fish.

Hi Clownfish,

As Nancy says, it's probably not a jellyfish. My guess is that you're seeing sucker sheds. In addition to using them for grasping, an octo also relies on its suckers as touch and taste sensors. To maintain the efficiency of their tasting function, octos shed the outer layer of 'skin' from their suckers at a pretty rapid rate - I've been told that there is a 100% turnover rate every day but I've never bothered to confirm such a thing. At the Fiero center it's fairly common to look into the GPO's tank and see a virtual blizzard of these sheds which are shaped somewhat like a contact lens. This 'blizzard' is often (usually) preceeded by the octo actively twisting and writhing its arms over each other. We think that the behavior is intended to dislodge the sheds much the same as a dog or cat might rub against something to get rid of shedding fur.

Eczemically yours,

TPG

Latest Posts