Unusual behavior in 2011 Tremoctopus (blanket octopus) video

Indeed, surprising, however, how this one is continuously being misinterpreted. Remember our schnorzle discussion of a few years back? The female Tremoctopus, bobbing at the surface, that had even weathered experts guessing

I sure do! will have to dig that one up. classic. but in this one, at around 1:40, the blanket seems to detach, then miraculously reappears. I have to imagine it is a visual trick hiding it away (vs rapid regrowth!) but I can't figure it out.

I sure do! will have to dig that one up. classic. but in this one, at around 1:40, the blanket seems to detach, then miraculously reappears. I have to imagine it is a visual trick hiding it away (vs rapid regrowth!) but I can't figure it out.
You will notice she only loses part of her webbing, the remainder folding up and unfolding once more post separation

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back