unfortunate newbie has a blue ring

Status
Not open for further replies.
ob;121390 said:
Let's keep it civilized, shall we? There's no need for offensive e-mails that were sent in private to go public and there is likewise certainly no need for half baked insults towards the poster in case. Let's leave it at that.

I just "soft deleted" the posts you referred to. I agree with ob on this: all 3 posts didn't add much to this thread. I'm relieved that the blue-ring is back at the store.

I think since it's resolved, back-and-forth animosity is not likely to be helpful, and while I think there were valid points (from both of you) mixed in with those points, the tone was not civil or productive... it sounds like you played off each other's frustrations.

I'd like everyone to remember that chaostheory and his family were misled by the store that sold the octopus, and is trying to be responsible, and I don't think it's fair to judge that he's incapable of keeping an octopus until he's proven that... but I'd also like chaostheory to keep in mind that all the feedback I've seen has been intended to protect and help you, and you tend to take that as insulting and abusive, and get abusive back... Please try to take a step back and ask "even if the delivery rubs me the wrong way, what is the message, and what can I learn or appreciate from it?" instead of immediately reacting with anger and a counterattack.

thanks

peace out, man :yinyang:

chaostheory;121391 said:
You're right ob. I think that it is time for this thread to end. How do I end it?

As a moderator, I could lock the thread, but I don't want to stop D and Roy from talking about the arm-twisting behavior.

In my experience, the best way to end a flamewar is to resist the urge to get in the last word, unless the last word is a genuine apology.

I would argue hard about locking this thread.

Blue rings are a subject that come up often, and I think the bulk of the information is valid, even the negative.

Chaostheory did the right thing, though in the beginning was somewhat unwilling to listen.

Change is hard for all of us, and to be willing to listen to advice from those who have "been there done that" is just a vote in confidence that CS is indeed looking out for the benefit of the animal, and his houseguests/family.

Personally, this is the type of individual that I would LIKE to see keeping cephalopods, obviously there is some serious concern on CS's part. I like, and respect that.

All that being said, the use of foul language is never appropriate over the boards. I would, and will, hard delete any I see here on Tonmo, as would the rest of the staff.

Unless we are making fun of Neil D. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back