• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Uk bandensis

djdime

GPO
Registered
only 2 out of the 10 have hatched so far.

1 day old.

impossible to get pics, theyre so small.

already seen one change colour

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

in the third pic its the white blob :smile:

master of camouflage already!!

009.jpg

008.jpg

going to order some amphipods this week to see if they will eat them.

i got them from TMC. took a good few months to get them.

one thing thats really ticking me off right now is the price of amphipods over here. i noticed from another thread you guys can get 1000 for $17!!! over here is 30!!! for £17!!!!! its rediculous.

they will be going into my 68x24x20 with sump when they are big enough. cant wait :smile:

If you have another tank with a refugium, I would just suck them out of there, or find someone with one that's close to you. 30 pods will not last long at all, and most will probably die...

There shouldn't be an issue with amphipods living - they are generally intertidal and can live through almost anything. Keep them in a bucket with an airstone and some gravel and feed them whole carrots. :biggrin2:

Like AM said, amphipods can be tough for hatchlings. Brine is not a great food at all and should not be relied on, but I have used it in a pinch. The idea was to keep the at least feeding till better food arrives. Mysids are the best because they are pretty easy to catch for the cuttles. Hatchlings may not eat for several days to a week after hatching.

well, ive ordered some copepods - not great i know but apparantly they are all adults. will also get some brine and am going to raid my mates sump tonight.

good news it the larger of the two hatchlings annihilated a nice size amphipod tonight :smile:

awesome. just managed to source a local supply of mysis and gammarus!!!

and at SENSIBLE prices too.

big load of my mind.

all 10 are out now.

a few are feeding. you can tell when watching them that they really are just learning to hunt :smile: one is noticably bigger than the rest and he's taken down 2 fair size gammarus :P

this thread should have probably have been in the members stories type area now i think about it, could a mod move it as/when get a minute.

thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back