• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Uk bandensis

getting the hang of this now.

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

kinda hard to focus with not much light so will try in the morning but happy with a few of these.

so i was doing my weekly water change.

untied my filter sock from the bottom of my weir. turned it inside out and placed it into the bucket of old water to wash it out.

as i was scrubbing i saw something in the water, too big to be detritus. had a closer look and it was my cuttle that dissappeared 3 weeks ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not only was he alive, he was big! and feeding in front of me!

so this little fella 3 weeks ago ( and considerably smaller than he is now ) escaped over the top of the breeding trap, SURVIVED being in my tank long enough to get blown over the weir, went down the durso and lived in the filter sock feeding off god knows what!!!

now THATS a miracle!

im sure your all bored of these but with practice i feel my shots are getting much better already.

what do you guys think?

once again its gammarus time :P

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

DSC_0006-2.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0009-2.jpg

DSC_0023-2.jpg

in the original of these 2 you can actually see the individual chromatophores! really nice lens the sigma 105mm EX DG
DSC_0024-1.jpg

DSC_0025-2.jpg

DSC_0030-1.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032-1.jpg

comments welcome :smile:

the top pics really give a good impression of how the w-pupil lets the cuttles see forward to aim... great pics!

monty;133857 said:
the top pics really give a good impression of how the w-pupil lets the cuttles see forward to aim... great pics!

thank you!

he's "lucky", the one that was living in my filter sock for 3 weeks. I've taken a shine to him.

this is the shot of the chromatophores i mentioned earlier, heavily cropped and zoomed to abuot 50%

chromatophore.jpg

just finished catching all my fish and rescaping the tank ready for the cuttles :smile:

they are no where near yet big enough. just wanted to get it out of the way.

will put some pics up when the tank has settled but im happy with how it looks.

had a panic moment when my goby jumped into the nursery!!!! the cuttles, thank god, didnt bat an eyelid :smile:

hmmmm.

down to 5 cuttles. 2 have gone missing within the last 2 days. now im almost certain that they both escaped and my largest one seems to be getting bigger. do i seperate it now??????? or leave it be as i dont know for certain that the others were eaten.

anyway here is how my tank looks after the rescape.

DSC_0032-2.jpg

DSC_0031-1.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035-1.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

I'm guessing the skunks are food? :smile: Also, the green macro in the middle, did you introduce that to your tank, and what is it called? I have some growing in all sorts of places on my rock work and just pull it because it just grows EVERYWHERE. Just interested. The tank looks great btw, fingers crossed here, sorry about your losses... could it have been due to canibalism?

thanks mate :smile:

yes i introduced the algea. cant think of the name! i know its on liveaquaria somewhere as was reading about it last night.

canabalism IS one of my concerns. not sure wether to seperate the largest or not? what do you think?

Ive not witnessed any hostilities.

My 300 shore shrimp arrived today, with only about 10% losses which im really happy with. I just hope i can keep them alive!

Tried them out and the cuttles went NUTS! so hopefully i should expect a growth spurt?

Pics this weekend of cuttles and their new penthouse suite.

No hard evidence yet but I seem to be having exceptional luck by keeping turtle grass rizomes in the shore shrimp tank. Most of the roots are waterlogged and there is no green to be found but the shrimp have lived better for me than ever before.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back