• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

[Cuttlefish Eggs]: Trying yet again at Daisy Hill

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Thanks!

Here is a pic of a cuttle with a shrimp in its skirt just after striking, and a pic of the first signs of male display (the male is on the bottom)

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Thanks guys!

People don't seem to realize how small hatchling bandensis actually are, so I took this pic to help illustrate their super smallness:

Heh did you put one in a cup and put it over a dime?

I was looking at a video I made of hatchlings and I forget how small they start out also. They really grow noticeably daily.

My other cuttles have been laying eggs all day and night. I wish I have a super fancy camera like yours. But I guess I would also need to possess the knowledge of its use as well!

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Thanks Daniel!

Yep, Deli container with a dime on top under a plastic tray with water. Very quick.

It took me a long time to break down and get a fancy camera. I really didn't want to do it - its a whole 'nother hobby!

I'd love to come by your place sometime and take some pics if that sounds like something you'd be interested in. :biggrin2:

Thales;111576 said:
Thanks Daniel!

It took me a long time to break down and get a fancy camera. I really didn't want to do it - its a whole 'nother hobby!

I'd love to come by your place sometime and take some pics if that sounds like something you'd be interested in. :biggrin2:
Whole 'nother' Hobby is exactly my thoughts. As if I dont have enough expensive hobbies!

Id love to have you over. Anytime thats convenient for you. I work from home, so Im here ALL the time heh. Just PM me your schedule. Also, on another note, it looks like theres no Humboldt squid out lately, so catching them might not be possible until next month.

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
adds new meaning to "it can turn on a dime".... great shot, and yeah, gives me camera envy...

craigl

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Yeah i finally broke down and bought a nice dslr...You know you are addicted to this hobby when you take up an even more expensive or equally expensive hobby just to take pics of your other hobby (your tanks and livestock)!!

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catifshconnoisseur

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak