• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Trying to find the right ceph for me

SquidArcher

Hatchling
Registered
So I’m a teenager with a job. I am trying to convince my parents to let me get an octopus. Have 2 freshwater tanks, exodons and a decorational tank. Which octopus is the most friendly and dog-like? I also have a pretty low budget ( sub 1000 dollars). I also need something that won’t get out of a tank that easily, and is not too difficult to care for. I know this is a lot, but anything that resembles this I will consider it. Thanks!

Here is a collection of Posts with Info for New Octo Keepers that help you know what to expect and includes a discussion of the different octopuses commonly (term used loosely as they are not all that common to acquire) available. I would also suggest that you look into cuttlefish as they may be slightly easier for you to keep and are not prone to getting our of their tank.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back