• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Trouble keeping glass clean...

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Jean,
You are probably the only one on the forum who really understands the problem with a Newfy :sagrin: . I wouldn't trade him for the world but I don't know that I will get another when our aging Dane passes on.

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
dwhatley;94587 said:
Jean,
You are probably the only one on the forum who really understands the problem with a Newfy :sagrin: . I wouldn't trade him for the world but I don't know that I will get another when our aging Dane passes on.

:lol:

Briard slobber is unique too!!! But not as sticky as Newf slobber!

As for not getting another...................we were not getting another dog after our first Cocker passed on, we now have another Cocker and a Miniature Pinscher!

J

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Jean,
There is no way I could ever honestly say I would never have another dog. There is about the same chance that I wouldn't have two. I can't even pretend that I would go to shorter haired dogs but I am getting too old to clean walls and ceilings everyday so we PROBABLY wouldn't get another Newfy UNLESS :roll: someone came up with a "dry mouth" breed like they have for the Saints ...

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
dwhatley;94646 said:
Jean,
There is no way I could ever honestly say I would never have another dog. There is about the same chance that I wouldn't have two. I can't even pretend that I would go to shorter haired dogs but I am getting too old to clean walls and ceilings everyday so we PROBABLY wouldn't get another Newfy UNLESS :roll: someone came up with a "dry mouth" breed like they have for the Saints ...

Yeah, I know what you mean.............although we did decide to get a short haired dog this time, and got Diablo the min pin.

I think slobber is an integral part of Newfs!

Bringing things slightly back on topic (:biggrin2:) Diablo saw his first octopus this week, it was the funniest thing! He stopped in his tracks, sat down and craaaaaned his neck and then went into a frenzy of bouncing and barking..........I wish I'd had the camera with me!

J