Trinity O. bimaculoides

AW....things have to pass away sometimes I guess. Thats probably one of the worst cons on keeping octopuses, from the pictures Trinity seems to be very VERY matured. Do forget that she's a female implying that their life spans tend to be a little shorter than males. She was a beautiful creature though.

RIP

:sad:

I'm very sorry to hear that. I know how attached you were to her. Do you have any Idea what killed her? Did she lay eggs, or try to block her den with things? I have a bimac that is almost three years old, and Trinity was probably about a year old. Any water quality or temperature issues? Puzzling.

Joe-Ceph;183842 said:
I'm very sorry to hear that. I know how attached you were to her. Do you have any Idea what killed her? Did she lay eggs, or try to block her den with things? I have a bimac that is almost three years old, and Trinity was probably about a year old. Any water quality or temperature issues? Puzzling.

She did try and block her den a bit but the rocks all seemed to big for her to move. She had also started to bump into things. You know, like when they start to push up against the glass. It honestly looked like every other end of life decline I have seen. There had been a spike of nitrates a few months back but nothing really bad. There hadn't been any trauma or escape attempts. And other than the temp spike a while back there hasnt been any problems... its been really stable. The sea star and bat star are still doing well... I even have some macro in the tank thats doing well. I just figure it was her time.

She was beautiful and a really cool pet.

Diego is not very active. He sleeps most of the time(behind the rocks with his eyes closed) and only comes out for food (roughly every other day). He will interact just a little sometimes when it is feeding time but very, very gently (too gently IMO). We lowered the tank temp to 68 to see if that helped but did not see a reaction. Only once or twice have I seen him out wihtout being called to supper.

DWhatley;183853 said:
Diego is not very active. He sleeps most of the time(behind the rocks with his eyes closed) and only comes out for food (roughly every other day). He will interact just a little sometimes when it is feeding time but very, very gently (too gently IMO). We lowered the tank temp to 68 to see if that helped but did not see a reaction. Only once or twice have I seen him out wihtout being called to supper.

This is the exact behavior I saw with Trinity. At first (first 6 months or so) She was active. Not as much as Isis was but would watch us to see what we were doing. She would even watch TV with us... That was kind of funny as it was always when we watched phineas and ferb lol. She slept most of the time after that every other day would come out for feedings. Would grab the stick but over time it gradually became less and less of a game that she was interested in. One time I went in looking for her and found her in an odd place hiding in the corner instead of in her den. For the most part she was the most even tempered octopus I think I have ever had, but when I took the tank a part looking for her she came out and turned a very dark red rust and it was clear to me that I had pissed her off. That was the last time I saw her alive.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back