• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

[Octopus Eggs]: Trapper's Babies - Tank Raised Mercatoris

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Thanks,
knowing he was over a year old and watching him loose the ability to color should make it easier to accept but he was so unusual in personality that it will take some time to get used to not seeing him when I look at the tank.

The two remaining males (Medusa and HideNSeek) can still color with only a little splotchiness so we will see if the loss of color continues to mark the last week or so with these Mercs.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
SandV,
Dusa is coming out later (around 11:00) AFTER I put Cyclop-eeze in the tank but is still coming to the front, eating a shrimp and staying out most of the night. He actually seems to take his shore shrimp on a stick better than he had been and without coaxing. I have noticed (this started about a week before Sisty had his "stroke") that Dusa seems to keep his red coloring even at night rather than the typical , relaxed white.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
HideNSeek and Monty's Red Tube Idea

Some months ago Monty noticed some semi-transparent red plastic tubing (TAP Plastics) for sale on-line and mentioned it as a possible den for nocturnals that would allow daytime viewing. I purchase a length of tube (along with other goodies) and put it in the tank with Miss Broody, HideNSeek and MIA. For the most part all three ignored it. Occassionally, I would see HideNSeek use the tube as a protected get-away path to the back of the tank but that has been all the octo useage until tonight. I will check during daylight hours (photos are with flash) to see if he finds the transparency too much for daylight.

Attachments

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gary T

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak