Trachyteuthis

Hi Michael,

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of a squid that came out of the quarry, one that wasn't painted up, so we could see and compare. I know alot of fossils, especially rare or complex, have some restoration done just to make them more marketable.

painted lebanese fossils

As I just joined the list, I am not sure how to post photos of items to it. I don't have the time right this moment to figure out how to do it, so if anyone wants to see the difference between pained and non paineted Lebanese material, email me at
[email protected]
and I will email you some pics...and of an octopus I currently have now. And some other octopus and squid specimens as well if you like!

If anyone is interested in learning about Trachyteuthis, an interesting .pdf file has been put online and is available here:

http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~palaeont/palbio3/10.pdf

Of particular interest is the two pairs of fins that are visible in exceptionally well preserved adult specimens. This groups Trachyteuthis with the vampyromorphs.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back