• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Touching Octopus

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
Jean;92798 said:
It returned after about 5 weeks! I'd not recommend getting bitten by one of these......not fun!

J

which octopus was that? I know you've had several species...

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
monty;92803 said:
which octopus was that? I know you've had several species...

Octopus warringa/huttoni It's a complex that's hard to ID and frankly I wasn't in a position to do a sucker count (too busy commenting on the parentage of the staff member who puts them in the tank and doesn't tell anyone :lol: or in one case trying NOT to comment, as we had a family with small children who were enjoying watching me "play" with the octopus......I know cos they told me so!!!!)

J

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I tend to favor the tag on the glass. I think in all the octopuses I have had, only 2 have gotten "ahold" of me. For some reason and maybe it's not a bad idea, I am very cautious about getting nipped. Thinking about it, when Jess was 5 she got nipped by Inklet. Seeing that recent reaction to a bite, and being she is "allergic" to several things, probably not a good idea to ever let her get that close again.

Latest Forum Posts