Top secret Jurassic exposure exposed !

here it is peeps, le site chez moi

the terrain consists of rolling farm land with topsoil a few inches to a few feet deep beneath which is a transitional layer of mustard yellow clay & limestone slabs/rocks, beneath which is the yellow limestone bedrock :grad:

the ditch, which is currently the main collecting site, was kindly cleared
by M. Jean-Claud Tracteur-Vert revealing the goodies I've just posted plus stacks more in my back catalogue of things to tickle with the wolfram carbide, it's so close to the maison that I can go fossiling when absolutely mashed ! :wine: not that I'd ever drink & drive a crowbar !

soon to come is my fosse septique (sorts out your dung & widdle using worms, yoghurt & a peg) which needs a big hole to hide in & with it a 25 cubic metre sand filter 5 x 5 x 1 metre deep - oh how I just can't wait for that wonderful day ! :biggrin2:

fossiliferous material abounds & is so abundant that I use it for garden decor, the bits round my "dubious" :x magnolia are ammonite sections & my famous belemnitic gravel

for your chance to join the Vendée's keenest fossil collecteur you gotta find me ! :P

I'm not so far from Chantonnay, but further from Fontenay (stunning BTW) & Tubbs' mate from Miami Vice is just down't road s'thee.

1st right answer PMed to me gets a gold star with bar & nowt else ! :biggrin2:

my apologies for the awful font I've used on the pics.

cthulhu77 said:
Heheh...great pics...looks somewhat coldish for my bones though...

it's reet freezing today ( okay as clean crisp & crunchy) but weather round here is weird, could be shorts tomorrow, joys of an oddball micro-climate fuelled by the Atlantic nearby I guess. need some African air about these parts

Keef

sunny and about 70 f here...though sick as a dog from the damn snakebite...
Like the rolling farm country views...reminds me of home!!!

spartacus said:
cthulhu77 said:
Heheh...great pics...looks somewhat coldish for my bones though...

it's reet freezing today ( okay as clean crisp & crunchy) but weather round here is weird, could be shorts tomorrow, joys of an oddball micro-climate fuelled by the Atlantic nearby I guess. need some African air about these parts

Keef

It's freezing here - see post - apparently NZ has forgotten where it put summer...

I'll run the risk of irritating the moderator a bit with this one...(been doing that lately, it seems) a pic of a rear fanged bite sustained whilst on a History Channel shoot...nothing fatal...just makes you feel like dung. (see what kind of fun nonsense you get in the members forum?)
the arrows are pointing to the venomous fang insertations... :frown:

cthulhu77 said:
I'll run the risk of irritating the moderator a bit with this one...(been doing that lately, it seems) a pic of a rear fanged bite sustained whilst on a History Channel shoot...nothing fatal...just makes you feel like dung. (see what kind of fun nonsense you get in the members forum?)
the arrows are pointing to the venomous fang insertations... :frown:

ouch !
you were doing a handstand when you got bit then ? :biggrin2:
(one day when I'm rich & famous I'll hand Tony the $20 I promised, I will :oops: )

btw, wrangled my 1st viper this summer right outside the front door, youngster was all of 6" long though his mum shed in the pig shed (what better place ?) & she's a good size, watch out Steve Irwin & ol' Squidhead's :oshea: brother Mark, here comes Spartacus !

Keef

"you were doing a handstand when you got bit then ?"
nope..., she was just very, very acrobatic...little b&^%$( she is...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back