TONMOcon VII Transportation and Accomodation Sharing

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
USE THIS THREAD to help find roommates, ride sharing, etc

For Transportation from the airport, this is the recommendation from WHOI,
"We recommend the Peter Pan bus out of Logan Airport. https://peterpanbus.com/ The bus comes right into Woods Hole and shuttles from Logan throughout the day. As you can see from the attached map, it is just a short walk to the MBL from the bus stop. This is a popular choice for our visitors."

Online ticket purchase at www.peterpanbus.com

Looking at the timetable for round trip Fri/Sun Logan->Woods Hole->Logan, the cost will be $64.00 ($34.00 each way, no round trip discount - price updated 1/25).

Friday Times: 8:00AM until 7:20 PM roughly every 2 hours Expect the trip to take 2.5 hours (3.5 during peak traffic).

Sunday Times 6:55 AM until 4:50 PM If you have a late return flight, an alternate return will need to be planned.

Last edited:
Yay, thanks for starting this thread! I couldn't get a good flight home on Sunday, so I'm flying out early on Monday morning instead. My plan is to take the Peter Pan bus back to the airport on Sunday evening and spend the night in an airport hotel. Just figured I'd mention it here, in case anyone else ends up with similar travel plans, we could plan to be in the same hotel. It looks like there's a Hilton, a Hyatt Regency, and an Embassy Suites at the airport. I haven't booked a room yet, so I'm also open to other creative ideas. A night underwater in an octopus' garden? :wink:

Note, MBL can also probably accommodate you for an additional night, if that's of interest. PM me and I can get you in contact with the right folks.

Note, MBL can also probably accommodate you for an additional night, if that's of interest. PM me and I can get you in contact with the right folks.
I would also like this info for possibilities on both the front and back end as I am still hunting flights

If you sign up for an account with Peter Pan bus line (you don't have to purchase a ticket at the same time), they will give you a $5.00 opening credit balance. I did not see this advertised anywhere but created my account and the amount was credited.

Do we know what the full game plan is for Sunday? I'm trying to determine if I can make it back for a Sunday flight or if I need to plan on either staying at MBL an additional night or in Boston.

We're going to see a tour later Sunday afternoon - maybe two. May include a tour of the deep sea ROV, something I've wanted to see in person for a long time. I expect we'll be wrapped up by around 6 at the latest... and probably not before 4pm. That's how it's looking currently... :rainbow:

@Danna , @sedna and I are all staying at a hotel in Boston on Sunday night at an airport hotel with Monday AM flights. If you do the same, we may be able to find a way to share a ride to Logan that is reasonable and we can do later in the day but I don't know what options are there besides the Peter Pan bus.

Last edited:
nice call, D. @Severine, I think it depends on people and their preferences. It's certainly possible to get home if it ends by 6pm... depends on where you live and your tolerance for a long day :smile:

I might be able to give people a ride back to Logan airport on the Sunday if there is interest as it will otherwise just be me in the car. Of course I'm used to driving on the other side of the road and the other side of the car so you may be taking your life in your own hands:wink:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back