TONMOCON V: Trip planning.

OB said:
Merel and I will be in the area from 16 to 22, so plenty of opportunities, our plan is to hook up Friday evening/night and see how things evolve from there. Definite "sees" are indeed the classic waterfront items, Chinatown and Little Italy, but I would encourage anyone to stroll around Golden Gate Park, maybe take a day trip to Muir Woods or Sausalito and catch a drink at the Pied Piper bar in the Palace Hotel, which additionally offers fabulous lunch in their atrium ($$$). Jack's at the Cannery is a "must do" for those in need of beer. Close to a hundred different varieties ON TAP. Champagne enhanced sunset viewing from The Carnelian Room up in the Bank of America building takes one back to the 1970's, smoked glass and all...
OB, Will Merel be attending (I hope) the conference? If so, I need her last name for her badge

Since the venue will not be in a hotel this year, we definitely need to establish a meet-up place for all day Friday as people straggle in. Preferably somewhere with an airport shuttle or very close to a BART station from the airport and a supper menu or a walkable supper intent.

Flight Booked, arriving SFO around 1:00 PM California time :biggrin2:

Place look perfect Tony. If you don't hear back next week you might try again on an email with a different subject and no links in case their spam filter objected to something. I have had this happen on both the sending and receiving ends trying to forward info to Neal.

I am, once again, doing the badges for TONMOcon. If you have registered and you TONMO name is not clearly related to your payment name OR you are bringing a guest, PLEASE pm or email ([email protected]) me with both the payment name, the associated TONMO name and the, call me by, name for the badge. Thanks!

Thankfully the government doesn't yet know about TONMOCON, otherwise they'd shut it down! (hey, why can't we be government funded, anyway?)

Julie & I are in SF! BART is supposed to go on strike at midnight. The concierge said that once you're downtown, the MUNI and the trolley cars will get you around. Getting downtown from the airport area may take some extra time. Can't wait to meet up with you all!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back