TONMOcon Poster

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
You must check out the attached image, outstanding work by Chris Barela.

Then click here to see the inspiration...

Thanks Chris! Outstanding! :cool2:

Attachments

• conv_302214.jpg
    conv_302214.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 111
Bravo to Chris! That's just brilliant. I love "It Came From Beneath the Sea" enough to have original art inspired by it on my bedroom wall - this is perfect.

Chris is sending me a very high-rez version of this image which I plan to print and frame; I can share this when provided, just PM me (or Chris, who is cbarela).

The Master Harryhausen

Hey All-
Glad you like the poster. It was fun to work on. Here is pic of Mr. Harryhausen, my son Max and myself. Ray was at a screening of "Jason and the Argonauts" (my 4 year olds personal favorite) and of course he took time to speak with everyone.
He even brought one of the little skeletons used in the movie.

(Side note: Ray is signing my "Valley of the Gwangi" and my "One Million Years BC" posters...yes....yes....I feel your jealousy flowing through the computer....) :mad:

-Chris

Attachments

• conv_288109.jpg
    conv_288109.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 129
cbarela said:
Hey All-
Glad you like the poster. It was fun to work on. Here is pic of Mr. Harryhausen, my son Max and myself. Ray was at a screening of "Jason and the Argonauts" (my 4 year olds personal favorite) and of course he took time to speak with everyone.
He even brought one of the little skeletons used in the movie.

-Chris

Okay, I'm jealous.. I LOVE animation, and Harryhausen is an idol of mine. Did you ever see "Monster's Inc."? They did a nice little nod to him.

John

Bumping a 2-year-old thread... Now that Dr. O'Shea is coming to TONMOCON II, how I would love to have that poster updated and used for this event! I wonder if Chris is still around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back