TONMOCON IV Date Set - Oct 7-9, 2011

October 7-9 - confirmed!! For some reason the subject name was wrong, but the seed post was correct. My fault - thanks Tani for your tenacity!! (phew)

Super fun!
I'll bring an assortment of different species cuttlebones for ceph geekness.

We need some kind of ceph drinking game.

Now you have me imagining a game that we can play on-line with those who can't make the con ... hummm ... requiring a bottle of Kraken Rum of course.

Not so much a game but maybe we can pause at the reception party for a succession of 8 toasts. Something like:

1) to monty! *drink*
2) to octopuses! *drink*
3) to squid of all sizes! *drink*
4) to cuttlefish! *drink*
5) to nautilus! *drink*
6) to cephalopod fossils! *drink*
7) to Cthulhu! *drink*
8) to pointlessness! *drink*

To Neil Diamond! - optional :smile:

Hmmm... That would either be the start of a wonderful or a terrible thing :smile:

tonmo;169661 said:
Not so much a game but maybe we can pause at the reception party for a succession of 8 toasts. Something like:

1) to monty! *drink*
2) to octopuses! *drink*
3) to squid of all sizes! *drink*
4) to cuttlefish! *drink*
5) to nautilus! *drink*
6) to cephalopod fossils! *drink*
7) to Cthulhu! *drink*
8) to pointlessness! *drink*

To Neil Diamond! - optional :smile:

Hmmm... That would either be the start of a wonderful or a terrible thing :smile:

:lol: I imagine it could get pretty long... and a good :beer: ole time. I dont want to think about the hang over that might follow lol.

I am so looking forward to the Con. I havent been to DC so this is a first and it will be the first time I will be away from my kids for so long... three whole days with out someone needing everything from you... I would be able to use the restroom alone :shock:... a parent should be sad... right... sad... :lol:

I would like to point out, however, that any toasts offered towards a certain New York based Singer Songwriter ("ptoo-ee!") will be met by ze rehzistance!

:no_diamond:

At this writing, there's a non-zero probability that my husband may be attending with me, but I'm still not certain. How far in advance will we have to RSVP, and how far in advance should we make hotel reservations?

Also, as I mentioned before, would it be good idea for the organizers to reserve a block of rooms at a hotel for our group, once you know how many people are definitely attending?

I've attended cons before -- of the s.f. and anime variety -- but I'm not sure how one goes about organizing them, so please excuse my ignorance.

No problem! I'm working with folks at WAMAS and National Zoo. We're honing in on the venue for presentations - once we get that booked we'll look at group rates for hotels. More info should be coming in the next month or two.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back