TONMOCON IV: Anyone thinking about presentations?

Show of hands? And subjects?

I've obviously never been to a TONMOCON before, but given the great diversity of users on the forum in terms of how we deal with cephalopods (researchers, aquarists, amateurs), what kind of audience do people usually tailor their talks to?

Do we do just talks or do we have discussions/roundtables/workshops?

An example of one idea I had for a talk - I was thinking in light of Euroceph (and the recent discussion on the Exotic forum) that we could have an ethics and welfare lecture/roundtable (I don't think I could lead it, given the fact that I am Wee Undergrad, but I think it's a great idea and I'd be really super-eager to help pull together some resources for that)

Thanks NB - we have specifically suggested an ethics panel in the past, but never brought it together - it's possible we could add this to the agenda. Appreciate your offer and will let you know as we get closer. Having some discussions this week on venues and approach.

Looking at past TONMOCONs, I saw you did a roundtable on ceph care and the cephalopod collecting (?) industry, but I think it would be awesome to bring those under the umbrella of a wider discussion on ceph welfare.

We always try to get as much accross the board as possible, science, husbandry, ethics, the lot. There should be something in there for all, scientist and layperson alike. It's wonderment and respect that bind us. Remember the signaturized words of Kurt Vonnegut:"a scientist who can not explain his work to an eight year old is a fraud" :wink:

Just got back from euroceph half an hour ago, ethics is a very good idea, there is a lot of work that will be going on in the next year regarding this and other things as a result of the last four days. If I can get over to the states I'd be more than happy to present something in regards to the new EU law that is coming in as I'm helping write some of the consultation documents in the UK.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back