TONMOCON IV - 2011 - Planning Stage

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
Hi everyone! Thanks for your patience as we considered what city we would target for TONMOCON IV in 2011.

With thanks to davelin315 and WAMAS, we are targeting the Washington, D.C. area for TONMOCON IV, probably in the October 2011 timeframe.

Many more details will be worked out in the months ahead, but I wanted to let you know our target destination and timing.

Staff member and International Liaison OB is hereby summoned to assist with some of the planning and brainstorming; I'll follow up in PM, Olaf! :smile:

I will start saving my quarters ! Too long of a drive for me...will have to fly.

Rather than DC proper, look in the surrounding cities. DC hotels tend to be more expensive, and with the great metro system people can easily get into the Mall areas for the museums. Check out Arlington and Bethesda.

Thanks sorseress - we do understand that the travel & location logistics could be tricky and that is part of the discussion. It is indeed planned for the D.C. "area" which may or may not mean D.C. proper for parts or all of the events we're beginning to kick around. Stay tuned!

Oooo, that sounds very promising for me and my family! My dad has been waiting for the girls to old enough to appreciate D.C., so this could work very nicely for us!

Ohhh, I forgot about the train! We looked into trying to use Amtrak once to send my son to Tampa for a week and found that you had to go to DC from Atlanta to get there. Using it to actually go to DC might be a fun experience.

I did the Atlanta to DC train trip in elementary school and I took a train one other time to go to camp and then one in London in more recent times. I don't remember much about the first two but enjoyed the London adventure.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back