TONMOCON III

When you consider the free meeting room (that would cost us about $30 per person if we had to rent the convention center space,) it would effectively bring the room price down to $69 for the first night, or if you are there with your spouse or significant other it would take $30 off each of the 2 nights. Add to that the free continental breakfast and you are saving another 4 or 5 $$ a day per person. Plus, no driving after drinking, which is another huge draw, since we all know we kind of like to tip a few after a long day of programs. There is a heated swimming pool, which should make it more attractive to kids, and the web site says there are refrigerators, microwaves and coffee makers in all the rooms. It looks pretty nice from the pictures. Since there is a restaurant,on site, we might be able to pre-order lunch for the day of programs.

Well, I don't know...that sounds too pleasant for the likes of us ! :smile:

Seriously, that is a fantastic idea !

OK... just a couple more steps of coordination then.... will need to go back in the archives for my contacts at MBARI and the aquarium. If anyone has them handy, please PM me, thanks!

If there is an official TOMNOCON trip to the Steinhart, let me know and I'll take y'all on a backstage tour. Heck, same if its unofficial!

Rich,
Even if the official time-frame doesn't allow for enough time to do a decent tour, can you get with Tony and schedule a sign up for those of us that don't do a Monty fly-by? Several people from the east coast are planning several days so I suspect you will have a number of takers.

WOW! I've been gone for a while! We at number III already? And back in Monterey! I'm in. Tony, let me know if I can do any leg work. I didn't really read the whole thread, so I don't know where your at with planning, but I live in Monterey, so.... There also Moss Landing Marine Lab run by San Jose State U. Just something to think about.

Man, I wish I had kept up with you guys. Thales, I was just at the Acadamy for the planetarium special event, and my girlfriend was just there for the ASP training. ARG! I want a backstage tour!!

I noticed some people talking about diving. Yeah, It's cold the first few times, but it's pretty awesome. Wetsuits are fine, as long as the are 7/5mm. Although I do know a local guy in his 60's that goes spearfishing at least 3 times a week with out any wetsuit, Stark naked Ed. Infamous.

Thales;128187 said:
If there is an official TOMNOCON trip to the Steinhart, let me know and I'll take y'all on a backstage tour. Heck, same if its unofficial!

That would be awesome!! I'd definitely go!!

Got it -- Thales, let's connect. Pipsquek, thanks for the offer (was hoping you'd be back, I still owe you that beer!!) will let you know.

Still plenty of planning to do yet, folks -- nothing is set in stone. Give me a few more days and we should be ready to nail it (at least the timing and major intentions -- full agenda will take a little while to bake).

This is sweet! I go away for a few days (after officially getting back) and we're already talking sites. Let me work on Cthulhu, let me think about and script my new lecture, since I've done the old one twice, and things have changed worldwide since then. Q: can we get Kat here? That would work out real good:wink::wink:. Y'know, Kat. And her twisted obsessions. And stuff that we all know about. And stuff. Does Melissa know? Me and Rebeca will be there.

WK! Can you do it on this coast? Love to have you join us!

That Travelodge is awesome.

erich orser;128330 said:
This is sweet! I go away for a few days (after officially getting back) and we're already talking sites. Let me work on Cthulhu, let me think about and script my new lecture, since I've done the old one twice, and things have changed worldwide since then. Q: can we get Kat here? That would work out real good:wink::wink:. Y'know, Kat. And her twisted obsessions. And stuff that we all know about. And stuff. Does Melissa know? Me and Rebeca will be there.

That Travelodge is awesome.

Has anyone heard from Melisa? The last time I remember reading a post from her or Angus they were in one of those really scary dangerous central Asian countries where her research would not be looked upon with favor. Uzbekistan maybe??? Kyrgyzstan??? One of the "stans", anyway.

I tried to hook up with her, Angus, Robyn and Tani when last I was in new York, yet failed horribly. A warbled telephone conversation ensued, with I think/hope Angus. She was just back from extensive travels then, which, if I recall correctly, must've been around 11 October or summit....

erich orser;128330 said:

Already pricing sfo vs mry entry...

If there to be a Gathering, who else should be there to be the One (left standing at 6am)?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back