TONMOCON III

I'd say Arizona, except we have no ocean front, no aquariums...not much of anything really. Oh, we do have cactus. Cactii. Cactusses. Whatever.

Just another thought for Seattle. There is a great hotel in the University District. The rooms are suites with at least 2 beds in every room and a full kitchen. It is the only hotel I stay in when I am there because it is so nice. The university district is also a really fun place. There are a lot of places to eat and see, and perhaps take in a drink or two. Just putting some more information out there.

Greg

I missed all of this

I can't believe I missed all of this discussion months back. I voted for Seattle, because I am in Washington State. If it is in Seattle I will be more than willing to lead a GPO dive or two or three or four (as long as I am not at sea at the time).... I would also be willing to help find facilities and perhaps arrange to get some ceph researchers in the area to give some lectures.

Oh maaaan, I am NOT a cold water diver. I do not like cold water, I do not have an appropriate wet (dry) suit, I do not own a hood, I would not dive ... Well, OK, for a GPO experience maybe (like maybe you could hog tie me to keep me out of the water :tongue: but I promise to wimper). I have never made it all the way out to the west coast (close but no banana) and a new adventure is always welcomed.

They are going to have a number of ceph tanks (gpo,bimac, etc)...but the opening won't be until 2009. I am trying to talk them into moving from nautilus to cuttles, but it is like arguing with a wall.

Washington DC's aquarium (which is free to get in) has a great GPO, like 15 nautiluses,a nd occasionally a few cuttles. and then uv got all the hotels and restaurants the nation's capital has to offer.

West Coast is a perfect halfway point for both kiwis and cloggies.... I would seriously approve of a fair sized EU contingent. Think about it: driving your open top mustang along the coastal highway, listening to Brian Wilson, approaching our to be decided venue from higher up, the clean pacific air kissing your cheeks, the excitement of cool beers awaiting, the company of friends in the evening, the impromptu beach party, the sparks flying ever onwards and upwards into the star laden night, Greg (Cthulhu77) picking up his guitar and gently bursting into "kumbaya", flowing effortlessly into "I am I said".

Jeez, I'm not selling this very well, am I?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back